Free Range Egg Recipes
| Add Your Rating
Avocado with poached egg and hollandaise
- Place the water and vinegar a saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat to a gentle simmer and swirl the water with a spoon to create a whirlpool effect.
- Carefully add the egg into the centre of the whirlpool and poach for three minutes, or until cooked to your liking.
- To make the hollandaise, place the vinegar, peppercorns, shallot and bay leaf in a small non-reactive saucepan over a high heat.
- Boil rapidly reducing the volume of liquid to about a tablespoon, then remove from the heat and allow to cool for one minute.
- Place the egg yolk into a large glass bowl and whisk in the cooled vinegar reduction through a sieve.
- Gradually add the melted butter, whisking vigorously and continuously.
- Season, to taste, with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- To serve, place the avocado in the centre of a plate. Place the poached egg onto the avocado and pour over the hollandaise.