Free Range Egg Recipes
| Add Your Rating
Black Pudding Scotch Eggs
- Gently fry the onions in a little oil until soft but not coloured then add the sage and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and add to the sausage meat.
- old the black pudding through the sausage mix, trying not to break it up.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide the mix into four balls and allow to rest in the fridge.
- Place the eggs in boiling water for approximately 4 minutes, cool in iced water and peel.
- Wrap each ball of mix around an egg and form into neat spheres.
- Coat each ball with flour, egg wash and breadcrumbs.
- Deep fry at 180C, until they start to float. This means they are cooked through.