Free Range Egg Recipes
| Add Your Rating
Blue Crab Tortilla `Cupcakes`
- Preheat oven to 190°C
- Spray 4 of the cups of a cupcake pan with cooking spray. Cut each of the tortillas in half using clean kitchen scissors. Bring the ends together to create a cone shape with the tops flaring out and stuff neatly into the greased cups.
- Sprinkle a couple of tablespoons of black beans on the bottom, top with generous pinches of crab meat. Add a pinch of freshly grated orange zest to each.
- In a small bowl, break eggs, add the milk, salt & pepper and beat with a fork until the yolks are well blended with the whites and the milk. Divide the egg mixture among the four cupcake cups.
- Top with a couple of teaspoons of salsa and finish with a good sprinkling of shredded cheese.
- Crack a bit more fresh pepper on top and pop the pan into the hot oven. Bake for about 15-20 minutes.
- Finish with just a minute under the broiler to crisp up the tortilla tops.
- Pop these li'l guys out of the pan and serve with sour cream or guacamole.