Free Range Egg Recipes
| Add Your Rating
Low-Carb Chocolate-Oreo Cupcakes
Serves: 16 cupcakes
|2||cups Organic almond flour|
|5||Free Range Eggs (separated)|
|6||Tablespoons Organic unsalted butter|
|1 packet||Oreo Cookies|
|1 pkg||Jello Sugar Free Oreo pudding (you could choose any flavour you like really for the icing)|
|1/8 tsp||Cream of tartar|
- Whip egg whites with cream of tartar until stiff. In separate bowl, using electric mixer, cream butter with egg yolks until light yellow and fluffy.
- Add vanilla extract and Stevia. Beat until well mixed.
- Add about 1/3 of whipped egg whites to the butter/egg yolk mixture and mix lightly.
- Fold the whole thing in to the whipped egg whites and fold lightly. Add 1 cup of almond flour and fold lightly.
- Add remaining almond flour, baking powder and cocoa and fold thoroughly, being careful not to break down whites.
- Fill paper muffin cups in muffin tin about half full. Bake at 325°F about 15 to 20 minutes until cracked on top.
- For the frosting: Whip mascarpone or cream cheese in food processor or with electric mixer until smooth.
- Add cream and mix again briefly.
- Add pudding mix and Stevia and mix well.
- Add full fat milk in 1/2 teaspoon amounts if needed.
- Makes enough to frost 32 cupcakes (2 batches) and will store in fridge or can be frozen.
- Top cupcakes once cooled with the frosting and place 1/2 an Oreo cookie ontop.