Free Range Egg Recipes
| Add Your Rating
Devilish Chocolate Brownies
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (fan 160°C)/350°F/gas mark 4.
- Grease a 19cm (7½in) square shallow baking tin and line the base with baking paper.
- Melt the chopped chocolate, butter and vanilla together in a heatproof bowl set over a saucepan of barely simmering water, making sure the surface of the water does not touch the bowl.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the sugar, then leave to cool for a few minutes.
- Beat in the eggs, then sift in the flour, cocoa and salt and fold in until the mixture is smooth and glossy.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and level the top.
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes, or until the top starts to crack but the centre remains gooey.
- Turn off the oven and leave the brownies inside for a further 5 minutes before removing
- Leave to cool completely in the tin.
- Cut the brownies into 16 small squares and remove from the tin.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
- Recipe taken from Chocolat by Eric Lanlard published by Mitchell Beazley © photography Kate Whitaker