Free Range Egg Recipes
| Add Your Rating
Apple and Blackberry Steamed Pudding
|100g||softened butter OR polyunsaturated margarine (for the apples)|
|100g||cooking apple (1 small-sized apple) (for the apples)|
|1 x 5ml spoon||granulated sugar (for the apples)|
|1 x 15ml spoon||water (for the apples)|
|100g||butter, softened (for the sponge)|
|100g||golden caster sugar (for the sponge)|
|2||free range eggs (for the sponge)|
|100g||self-raising flour (for the sponge)|
|75g||blackberries (for the sponge)|
- For the apples
- Peel, core and chop the cooking apple into 1cm cubes.
- Place the apple, sugar and water in a small saucepan and cook on the hob on a medium heat for 5 minutes or until soft. Turn off the heat and put to one side.
- For the sponge
- Lightly grease the pudding bowl or basin with a little butter or margarine.
- Place the sugar and butter or margarine into a large mixing bowl and beat until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well to combine before adding the next.
- Gently fold in the flour.
- Carefully stir the cooked apple and blackberries into the sponge mixture.
- Transfer the mixture to the pudding bowl and spread evenly with the spatula.
- Cover loosely with a lid or cling film, making sure that it is not touching the sponge mixture.
- Place the pudding in the microwave on a high setting for approximately 6 minutes (this may vary slightly depending on the power of your microwave). The sponge should rise and be firm to the touch.
- Leave to stand for 4–5 minutes before turning out onto a serving plate.
- Serve on its own, with custard or yoghurt.