Free Range Egg Recipes
| Add Your Rating
|2||free range eggs|
|2||whole wheat or white flour tortillas|
|50g||mature cheddar cheese, grated|
|a pot||ready made salsa/sour cream/guacamole, to serve|
|a pinch||salt and freshly ground pepper|
|2 tbsp||olive oil|
|1||red pepper, roasted and skinned, chopped|
|80 grams||lean bacon rashers, cut in strips|
- Place the eggs and milk into a bowl and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Whisk together until combined.
- In a non-stick frying pan, pour the olive oil, then add the egg mixture.
- Drizzle another non-stick frying pan with olive oil, then add the bacon rashers.
- Cook the eggs without stirring, until just beginning to set, then push the egg gently towards the centre of the pan with a spatula. Keep an eye on the bacon, cooking until slightly crisp.
- Continue doing this until the egg mixture has just set then turn the mixture over and remove from the heat. Remove bacon from the heat once cooked.
- Place the roasted red peppers in a bowl and lightly season
- To serve, place a warmed tortilla onto each plate. Add one or two spoonfuls of the eggs and some of the chopped bacon, then add the roasted peppers and sprinkle some cheese on top. Fold the tortillas, as shown in the photograph.
- Serve with salsa, sour cream or guacamole.