Free Range Egg Recipes
| Add Your Rating
Baked sliced potatos with red onion and egg
- Peel and chop potatos horizontally into round shapes (as shown in photo). Peel and dice a red onion.
- Cover potatos in cold salted water in a large boiling pan, bring to a rolling boil and leave for 5 minutes. Take them off the heat and drain well for 5-10 minutes.
- Melt the butter in a large frying pan, add some olive oil, turn to medium low heat and add the potatos. Season with salt and pepper, being careful not to break up the potato when moving them around. Saute for 5 minutes.
- Heat oven to 190°C, transfer potatos and the red onions to a large baking tray and mix well. Cook for 25-30 minutes or until well browned.
- During the last 5 minutes of the potatos cooking, drizzle a little olive oil on a frying pan and crack 4 eggs on a medium heat. Cook until yolk is warm to touch.
- Transfer potatos and egg to a plate. Serve with a sprinkle of chopped parsley and rosemary.